Army Meritorious Civilian Service Award Medal Ribbon
Criteria: The Army Meritorious Civilian Service Award Medal is given to nominees that have created a pattern of excellence, usually proven by the receipt of lower level awards. Nominations need to be submitted within six months after completion of the act or period to be cited. The Secretary of the Army or Major Army Command Commander awards this decoration. Eligibility will be decided by measuring contributions against the subsequent example levels of achievement:
• Achieved supervisory or non-supervisory duties in an commendable manner, setting a record of accomplishments, and encouraging others to refine the quantity and quality of their work.
• Demonstrated astonishing initiative and skill in constructing new and improved equipment, work methods and procedures; inventions accruing to substantial savings in expenses such as manpower, time, space, and materials, or enhanced safety or health of the workforce.
• Accomplished exceptional results in developing the morale and performance of employees.
• Demonstrated distinguished courage or competence in an emergency, while completing assigned duties, resulting in direct benefit to the Government or its members.
• Rendered professional or public relations service of a unique or distinctive character.